Independent Care Waiver Program
In-Home Support Services for Adult Medicaid Recipients in Georgia with Severe Physical Disabilities and/or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
The Independent Care Waiver Program in Georgia offers personal, in-home support services to help adult Medicaid recipients with severe physical disabilities live in their own homes or in the community, instead of an institution such as a nursing home or hospital.
Health Force of Georgia is a Georgia-approved participating provider of at-home care services to adults eligible to receive ICWP. This means persons who qualify for ICWP may receive homecare services at no cost to them because Health Force of Georgia is reimbursed directly by the State of Georgia.
The program operates under a Home and Community-Based Waiver (1915c) granted by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Who is Eligible for Georgia ICWP?
To be considered eligible in Georgia, a person must be 21-64 years of age with severe physical disabilities and/or traumatic brain injury and requires a level of care that is typically provided in a hospital or nursing home. You can apply while residing in a facility or if you are at risk of being institutionalized if you do not obtain the appropriate care in your home or community.
Applicants for ICWP must meet the following criteria:
- Be capable of directing their own services (individuals with a TBI do not have to meet this criteria)
- Have a severe physical impairment and/or TBI that substantially limits one or more activities of daily living and requires the assistance of another individual
- Be medically stable but at risk of placement in a hospital or nursing facility because community-based support services are not available
- Be able to be placed safely in a home or community setting
Other Criteria Factors
Other factors also help determine whether eligible applicants can receive waiver services. These factors include:
- Is the applicant currently residing in a hospital or nursing facility?
- Length of time on the waiting list
- Ability to live independently
- Estimated cost of care (based on the projected care plan)
What is Provided Under ICWP?
Services provided through ICWP depend on the person’s needs. They may include:
- Homemaker Services
- Personal Care Services
- Companion Services
- Skilled Nursing
- Respite Care for Family Caregivers
- Case Management
- Emergency Response System
- Environmental Modifications (Home Modifications)
- Occupational Therapy
- Specialized Medical Equipment and Supplies
Getting Started With Care for Your Loved One Under ICWP
At Health Force of Georgia, we understand the challenges you face taking care of a loved one with needs. We’re here to help
Call us at 770-458-8500 or contact us to learn more about obtaining personal care or skilled nursing care from one of our compassionate caregivers under the Independent Care Waiver Program. We could be the answer you’ve been looking for!
Other Georgia Waiver Programs
Georgia waiver programs make it possible for elderly or disabled to live in their homes with homecare services under Georgia Medicaid eligibility.
Medicaid SOURCE waiver provides in-home care services such as nursing & personal care at no cost to eligible adults so they can continue living at home.
CCSP waiver helps Medicaid eligible elderly or disabled individuals to receive home care services & continue living in their homes at little or no cost.
A unique combination of warm, companionship care blended with “extra help” assistance for performing daily living activities around the home.